Did you know that 97% of people want to write a book and only 3% will make it?
One night a couple of years ago I woke up in a mad panic – what if I died tomorrow?
What would I regret?
I woke up in a hot sweat and realised that I had too much knowledge and experience not to write a book!
I had procrastinated for many years about writing a self-help book and I always put it off. Something else was also more important and I had thoughts of " who am I to write a book, I don't have time and who would read my book".
However, I overcame all of those objections because I was motivated to help that one person who might have been me 18 years ago. What if that one person never got the information?
With that in mind I learnt how to structure a book and I sat down and wrote to that one person.
I wrote Kick Ass Your Life in 4 weeks because no matter what, I was going to sit down at 6am in the morning and write until 7am. Just by having this structure made it easy.
The world needs your knowledge and experience. It amazes me how many people don't know what I know. I just think they do. So whether you want to write about your journey through a health problem; whether you want to share your knowledge or like me you woke up in a blind panic realising that if you died tomorrow you would regret writing your book then believe me you can.
If your book is important to you, then make the time and get the right information to help you write because your story is important!
Watch out for the next blog - How to structure a book?
- What is stopping you from writing a book? April 27, 2018
- WHAT A GOOD “HOW TO” BOOK NEEDS? April 27, 2018
- Pitfalls of Writing April 26, 2018
- Want to write a book – but don’t know where to start? Step 2 April 23, 2018
- Want to write a book – but don’t know where to start? April 21, 2018
- Therapeutic values in publishing my story October 23, 2017
- Do you want to write a book? October 9, 2017