Step 1 - Write with the end in mind
Writing with the end in mind helps you to save money and time – so before you even start with your content and structure consider what you want to achieve with your book.
What do you want to do with your book?
Having a goal for your book will help you to write a successful book.
Spend time to consider the following questions?
- Do you want a physical book or just an e-book?
If you only want an e-book the process is slightly different to creating a physical book so if you consider this point first it will save you money and time.
- Do you want to use it for your business to promote yourself?
Considering this will help you structure your book and help to achieve maximum impact. Again, the process is slightly different, you will need to have a slightly different structure.
- Do you just want to get your story out there?
If yes, the structure will be different.
These are important questions to ask yourself and will make the writing process much easier.
Most of my clients want to write a book just not only to get their story out but to also help them sell their programmes and services.
When I published my first book, Kick Ass Your Life it gave me so much more than I realised. It helped me:-
- create a bigger audience for me to sell my services
- create a qualifying sales process (I sold a £1,500 programme in 10 minutes)
- saved me time with my existing clients
- promoted me to expert status
Before you even begin to start writing I would consider the points above. Writing a book isn’t difficult if you follow the right steps. What creates the overwhelm and panic is writing a book without a purpose.
Step 2 - how to get to know your reader – step 2.
Sign up for my free guide on “How to write a book www.forwardthinkingpublishing.com
- What is stopping you from writing a book? April 27, 2018
- WHAT A GOOD “HOW TO” BOOK NEEDS? April 27, 2018
- Pitfalls of Writing April 26, 2018
- Want to write a book – but don’t know where to start? Step 2 April 23, 2018
- Want to write a book – but don’t know where to start? April 21, 2018
- Therapeutic values in publishing my story October 23, 2017
- Do you want to write a book? October 9, 2017