As a publisher and writing coach, I’ve heard all the excuses but the main one I hear is time!
To be honest you will never find time to write a book; it is like running a marathon and takes commitment and time. You will never find time to earn more money in your business but somehow you make time.
Why don’t we MAKE TIME to write a book?
It could be many things disguising as time, like procrastination and thoughts of “I’m not good enough” or “who am I to write this book” and even “who will read my book”.
Finding time to write a book isn’t easy but writing is!
First, you must decide that you want to write a book. Don’t let your thoughts take you out of the game and think about the reader. When I was about to throw the towel in with writing my first book, Kick Ass Your Life, writing for the reader gave me the motivation to keep going. I felt that if I didn’t write my book then my knowledge would be lost forever and the people that needed help would not get it.
So, forget about the excuse, “I don’t have time” and dig deep into why you want to write a book. Here are a few incentives: -
- It will help the reader solve their problem.
- It will help your reader to get to know you and your work.
- It will save you time as a coach/consultant with existing clients.
- It will help you upsell your coaching packages.
- It will increase your expert status.
- It will increase speaking opportunities.
Ironically, it will save you time in the long run.
Don’t let time be the main factor that you don’t write your book that you are longing to write. Get a good structure, know your reader and then sit your butt on a chair and get writing.
To help you with your structure download my free how to guide at www.forwardthinkingpublishing.com.
- What is stopping you from writing a book? April 27, 2018
- WHAT A GOOD “HOW TO” BOOK NEEDS? April 27, 2018
- Pitfalls of Writing April 26, 2018
- Want to write a book – but don’t know where to start? Step 2 April 23, 2018
- Want to write a book – but don’t know where to start? April 21, 2018
- Therapeutic values in publishing my story October 23, 2017
- Do you want to write a book? October 9, 2017